|Opening||may 09, 2017|
|Closing||may 14, 2017|
2 Hours and 55 Minutes.
Lincoln Center Theater’s critically acclaimed production of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The King and I directed by Tony Award winner Bartlett Sher won four 2015 Tony Awards including Best Revival of a Musical.
Bartlett Sher is reunited with the award-winning creative team from South Pacific and The Light in the Piazza. The King and I features sets by Michael Yeargan; costumes by Catherine Zuber; lighting by Donald Holder, sound by Scott Lehrer and choreography by Christopher Gattelli based on the original choreography by Jerome Robbins. One of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s finest works, The King and I boasts a score which features such beloved classics as "Getting To Know You," "I Whistle a Happy Tune," "Hello Young Lovers," "Shall We Dance" and "Something Wonderful."
Set in 1860’s Bangkok, the musical tells the story of the unconventional and tempestuous relationship that develops between the King of Siam and Anna Leonowens, a British schoolteacher whom the modernist King, in an imperialistic world, brings to Siam to teach his many wives and children.
- The King and I's Laura Michelle Kelly on the Honor of Playing Anna, Being a Spa Junkie & Living Out of a Bucket
- Look at the Stars! The King and I's Kavin Panmeechao & Manna Nichols Sing 'I Have Dreamed' in Rehearsal
- Getting to Know You! Laura Michelle Kelly, Jose Llana & More Preview the National Tour of The King and I
- Laura Michelle Kelly & Jose Llana Will Lead the Tour of The King and I
The King and I Cast & Creative
- Music Richard Rodgers
- Book and Lyrics Oscar Hammerstein II
- Director Bartlett Sher
- Original Choreography Jerome Robbins
- Musical Staging Christopher Gattelli
- Set Designer Michael Yeargan
- Costume Designer Catherine Zuber
- Lighting Designer Donald Holder
- Sound Designer Scott Lehrer